The Department of Endocrinology was established in 1976 on the basis of the Tashkent State Medical Institute, and the Department of Hematology - in 2000 on the basis of the First Clinic of the Tashkent Medical Academy. Since 2015, the departments of endocrinology and hematology have been merged into one department with 40 beds, which is located at the 6th stage of the 12th building.
The main areas of activity of the endocrinology and hematology department are prevention, early diagnosis and treatment of disorders of carbohydrate metabolism and hemostasis. The Department of Endocrinology and Hematology provides specialized medical care to patients with endocrine and hematological diseases, as well as prophylaxis of complications of these diseases. The doctors working in the department are also engaged in the development, implementation, methodological support and practical application of the latest medical technologies in the field of diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the endocrine system and the blood system.
The department is located on the basis of a multidisciplinary therapeutic clinic and relies on its material and technical base, so its employees are able to provide all types of medical care. In addition, in the department, patients can receive consultations from a cardiologist, neuropathologist, gastroenterologist, pulmonologist, ophthalmologist.
The Department of Endocrinology is the clinical base of the department for the preparation of a general practitioner with a course in endocrinology, head. course - Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor B.Kh. Shagazatov. The Department of Hematology is a clinical base of the Department of Hematology, Transfusilology and VPT, Head. department, Dr. med. Sciences, Associate Professor A.B.Saidov. The department also employs associate professor M.I. Shamsutdinova, senior lecturer N.B. Musaeva, associate professor, Ph.D. D.M. Artikova, Ph.D. P.Kh.Azizova .. Head of the department - Ph.D. A.A. Bakhadyrova, hematologist D.Z. Khakimova, endocrinologist G.Zh. Saydaliev.
The department has two nurses' posts, a treatment room equipped with everything necessary for carrying out procedures. The department has single, double and triple wards, as well as superior rooms equipped with air conditioners, refrigerators, TVs.
The department receives inpatient treatment for patients with diagnoses:
- type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus;
- diabeticcomplications (macroangiopathy, microangiopathy);
- diffuse toxic goiter;
- Itsenko-Cushing's disease;
- Sheehan's syndrome;
- Iron-deficiency anemia;
- vitaminB12-deficiency anemia;
- autoimmunehemolytic anemia;
- anemiaof chronic diseases;
- idiopathicthrombocytopenic purpura;
- Hodgkin's lymphoma;
The range of medical services provided in the Department of Endocrinology and Hematology:
- diagnosisand treatment of thyroid pathology;
- determinationof thyroid hormones (T3, T4, TSH);
- treatmentof endocrine ophthalmopathy by pulsotherapy with glucocorticosteroids;
- diagnosis and treatment of type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus includes training in proper nutrition, selection ofantihyperglycemictherapy, physiotherapy procedures under the control of blood sugar and glycated hemoglobin levels;
- thedepartment has a “School for patients with diabetes mellitus”. Classes are conducted by specially trained trained medical staff;
- diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal system, computed tomography to clarify the localization of the tumor of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal system, determination of the patient's hormonal background and selection of hormone replacement therapy;
- diagnosisand treatment of pathology of reproductive function in women and men - determination of the level of sex hormones and hormone therapy;
- individualtraining of patients with diabetes mellitus in the basics of self-control (diet therapy, insulin therapy, blood pressure control) is carried out;
- inthe hematology department, patients with pathology of the blood coagulation system and various anemias are treated;
- in order to determine the somatic status of a hematological patient, an examination is carried out, which includes a chest X-ray, electrocardiogram, echocardiography, esophagogastroduodenoscopy, ultrasound examination of all internal organs and ultrasound examination of all peripheral lymph nodes of the mediastinum, abdominal cavity, retroperitoneal space, pelvic organs;
- Specialized therapy is carried out in the Department of Hematology: blood transfusion with transfusion of blood components,polychemotherapy. If patients have concomitant diseases, treatment is prescribed according to the recommendations of consultant doctors, in difficult cases